Wednesday 20 January 2010

A few observations from the Manchester derby last night

It was actually a very good game, great excitement and as always a very good atmosphere. I thought United were unlucky to lose, they were the better team and City rode their luck for most of the match. Whenever I watch City I automatically support the other team (with the exception of Tottenham), they are a club I despise – whatever one thinks of Utd, they are a club with history unlike their neighbours. I liken it to trying to build a new democracy, you can’t build a fully functioning one over night.

Wayne Rooney is such a magnificent footballer, last night he was sensational – if he was to get injured for any sustained period of time then Utd would crumble. With a fit Rooney leading the line at the World Cup, England actually has a chance. Ryan Giggs just oozes class, I love watching him play and at 36 he still remains one of Utd’s most consistent performers.

I’m getting very frustrated by the media’s drooling over Tevez, he’s had a good season but I have never rated him. Ferguson was right not to sign him, he hasn’t scored enough goals in previous years and although he’s having a good spell now I don’t think it will last. Once a better striker becomes available, City will have no problem selling him on.

One final point: Bellamy’s a little piece of shit.

Anyway, more important things going on tonight like Arsenal hopefully going top of the table.

Come on you gunners.

No comments:

Post a Comment